O-1/O-2 Advisory Opinions
Guidelines for Requesting O-1/O-2 Advisiory Opinions
Please send submissions for advisory opinions to:
Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers
15301 Ventura Blvd., Building E
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
We do not accept O-1/O-2 requests via e-mail.
A hotline is available for substantive questions at 818.935.5938. We cannot attend to requests for status updates.
Normal processing requires 7 business days; however, processing may take longer. We do not expedite.
Non-member companies must include a non-refundable processing fee check or money order in the amount of $250.00 made payable to AMPTP for each advisory opinion.
Checks will be deposited upon receipt of the submission packet. There are no refunds.
Incomplete or disorganized submissions will not be processed until all information is received.
Mandatory Advisory Opinion Documents
- Previous AMPTP and Guild/Union advisory opinion, if available
- Signed I-129 Form
- Signed Petitioner's Letter to the Bureau on Company Letterhead.
- Signed Deal Memo and/or Contract
- Background (resume, work experience, credits, awards, etc.)
Suggestions to Expedite Processing
- Follow our guidelines closely
- O-1 Packet should be less than 50 pages
- Send packet at least one week in advance
- Organize your packet
- Highlight pertinent background information (e.g. the name of the beneficiary in news articles)
DO NOT Send
- Information on other performers
- DVD or other video
- Submissions for anyone working outside the motion picture and television industry (e.g. models, live performers and video game workers)