Since 1982, The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) has been the trade association responsible for negotiating virtually all the industry-wide guild and union contracts, including the American Federation of Musicians (AFM); American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA); Directors Guild of America (DGA); International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE); International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW); Laborers Local 724; Screen Actors Guild (SAG); Teamsters Local 399; and Writers Guild of America (WGA).
The AMPTP, the entertainment industry's official collective bargaining representative, negotiates 80 industry-wide collective bargaining agreements on behalf of over 350 motion picture and television producers (member companies include the production entities of the studios, broadcast networks, certain cable networks and independent producers).
Advisory Opinion Letters
Guidelines for obtaining O-1/O-2 Advisory Opinion Letters can be accessed by clicking here or selecting O-1/O-2 Visas menu item above.
We do not:
- Accept requests via e-mail
- Provide expedited handling
For access to the AMPTP to conduct research, click here to complete the form.
- October 17, 2012 : New York Scenic Artists and Designers Ratify New Industry Agreement
- September 5, 2012 : New Area Standards Agreement Ratified
- July 3, 2012 : Statement on Ratification of the IATSE Hollywood Basic Agreement
- June 29, 2012 : AMPTP and Basic Crafts Unions Agree on New Three-Year Contract